Thursday, June 28, 2012

President elect Morsi, welcome to the Arab Republic of Egypt.



Many have written letters publicly addressing Dr. Morsi. Many have written about concerns, fears, advice and praise/criticism. From politicians to activists, TV personalities to Presidents of other nations. Some he will read, many will fall on deaf ears. This blog is not a letter to Dr. Morsi. It is a letter to the people from the people (or person in this case). My own view, my own attempt at doing my part. Whether read my many or not, I have my platform and I intend on using it.

In this blog I plan to address Dr. Morsi as an employee of the people. We have the right to judge his performance, give him praise when deserved and criticize his decisions if we feel the need to. But, like any employee, a fair chance must be given for performance. While I did not vote for him (whether I abstained, nullified or voted for Shafik is irrelevant), the "majority" of the Egyptian people have brought him to power, and as true believer in democracy I accept the the decision of the Egyptian people over any personal feelings I may have. 

I admit the job comes with hefty baggage and practically no hand-over. It's like being a delivery man with no idea what the packages are or where they are supposed to go. Worst yet, he's expected to deliver all the packages and maintain customer satisfaction. Tough job? Hardly. Mission Impossible? He'd hire Ethan Hunt. Job level: WTF

Whether it's evaluating his 100 day plan like www.morsimeter.com or just day to day actions, I will attempt in my own humble way of giving my perspective while trying to keep it light. This blog is in no way trying to be a deep political analysis, just an opinion. Sometimes it will be witty other times funny. Maybe even enlightening. There is no goal here but to say my piece, while hopefully keeping the peace. 

-Amro




No comments: