Saturday, June 30, 2012

Free Speech or Speech for Free

(photo by Mohamed Omar courtesy of Daily News Egypt)

Yesterday Dr. Morsi addressed the crowds at Tahrir square and today an assembly at Cairo University. I thought of analyzing the speech. But then, thought "actions speak louder than words". I will stick to analyzing Dr. Morsi's Actions.

One of the interesting bits about the Tahrir speech was the fact that he "swore" himself in infront of the people. Something I believe (as mentioned in my previous post) is more important than swearing in infront of any other governmental entity. While some have called it a slap in the face of SCAF, I say "Chapu".

However, one of the bits that caught my attention came before after the speech as Dr. Morsi was arriving and then leaving. There is a sense of acceptance among the people. Even if I am not one of them, the imagery is powerful. Gone are the days where the presidents security detail are there to protect him from his own people.




Also there is a lot talk going around about the bit regarding the "bullet proof vest" that Dr. Morsi said he isn't wearing. To me that proves nothing, especially with the level of security present around him. 

Dr. Morsi, you are slowly gaining the trust of the people. This is a slow processes. However, it can be undone with a single word. 

-Amro

2 comments:

Nell said...

I have to say chapeau to you! Love the blog. Its refreshing to read something that is rational/logical based on observation and analysis rather than plain emotions.

AmroElfiky said...

Thank you Nell for your kind words.